Hi, my name is Goose!
Although I am a stray I appear to be quite happy living with other cats and also with dogs. But I would prefer a home, please, with no small children – although I would consider living with a family who have older children or teenagers.
I am approximately 5 years old and have been neutered, chipped and vaccinated.
I am very handsome, but was a little nervous of having my picture taken as I have been a stray for a little while and everything is rather scary at the moment.
However I don’t’ seem to mind dogs or cats, and I simply love my food and a big fuss!
I would like someone, however, who could be a little bit patient with me – especially to begin with – someone who can give me time to develop and grow into the happy cat I most certainly can be!
My fosterer tells me I am very friendly when I get to know you. So please – can you offer me a loving fur-ever home?
If you would like to find out more about Goose please contact Liz on 01767 681157.
Alternatively, please e-mail Philippa at email@example.com who will be pleased to forward your enquiry on to the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.