Andy came to us from Romania at approx 5 months old and is now nearly three. He has had two previous homes but was returned as he has nipped people that he has not been introduced to. As an ex Romanian street dog Andy is naturally wary of strangers, loud noises and sudden movements, he is also not comfortable in enclosed crowded spaces. Once he has been quietly introduced to strangers and he knows and trusts them he will behave well, he also walks beautifully on the lead . Just for safety Andy wears a muzzle when walked in public spaces which he has taken to well and with an experienced owner and the training he has already received he has learnt not to react when passing strangers and others dogs . In general he plays well with other dogs but can however be quite boisterous in his play and would need to be supervised while playing especially with a new dog that does not know him. Andy is a bright dog that learns well and enjoys human company and is a very loving dog. He is looking for an experienced confident owner who will continue his training and the practices put in place to control his behaviour and give him the security and confidence he needs . On home ground he gains confidence quickly which can lead to some dominance so again this behaviour will need to be controlled by an experienced confident owner, He is fully vaccinated and neutered . A large secure garden would be ideal for Andy as he does love to run around and play,and another doggy companion would also be ideal as Andy loves the company of most dogs and it will help him to regain the confidence he has lost and settle in quickly. We would consider taking a reduced adoption fee for Andy if it helps him find the person and the home he deserves.
If you can offer this lovely boy the home he desperately needs please contact Julie on 01763 289827
Alternatively please email Philippa at email@example.com who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3:. The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: A pre-adoption home visit is usually made to new owners to meet members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
- Step 5: The animal meets the potential new owners, who decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 6: You'll be asked for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.