Sadly, Bella has not been given the love and care that she deserves in the past and we suspect that she has been kept in confined conditions throughout most of her life, quite possibly as a breeding dog. Due to her upsetting past, she is very fearful, and displays nervous aggression with new people. However once she gets to know you and trusts you, she absolutely overflows with love and affection. Bella dreams of finding her happy ever after home with an owner who she can devote herself to. She would not be suitable for a home with children or other pets, and an owner with experience of American Bulldogs is essential.
If you can offer this lovely girl the home she desperately needs please contact Julie on 01763 289827
Alternatively please email Philippa at email@example.com who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.