Meet Gizmo a lively Jack Russell who unfortunately has a problem in that he is not good with other dogs and can be very aggressive towards them and while he is fired up he may bite, he is great with people and shows no aggression when there are no other dogs around but he will need to be muzzled for safety when in public and likely to meet other dogs although he does not seem to mind having a muzzle put on him.
We can only home Gizmo to an experienced adult only home with no children and one where he will be kept away from other dogs although his aggression to other dogs could possibly be worked on with training.
If you can offer this boy a home please contact Julie on 01763 289827
Alternatively please email Philippa at email@example.com who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3:. The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: A pre-adoption home visit is usually made to new owners to meet members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
- Step 5: The animal meets the potential new owners, who decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 6: You'll be asked for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.