This is Herb a laid back Lurcher we are helping his family to find him a new home due to a change in their circumstances, He is a really happy dog who is great with children and people, and is pretty content with lying in the sun most of the time. He is a really clean dog, and doesn’t damage furniture or anything. He doesn’t even use the garden as a toilet, He is happy to stay in the house by himself for hours, as long as there’s a comfortable spot to lie in. He is pretty good with other animals, even cats although he will chase them if they run , He’s really sensitive and responds well to basic commands. On the whole he is a friendly relaxed dog, who is ideal for someone who knows lurchers and wants a very handsome friend for life.
If you can offer this gentle boy a home please contact Julie on 01763 289827
Alternatively please email Philippa at email@example.com who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.