This is Polly a sweet little Black Patterdale girl, she is great with people but can be very reactive with other dogs so she will need to be homed as an only dog and when walked she must be kept well away from other dogs, a home with a large garden would be ideal for Polly as she does like to run around. We think it will be better not to home Polly in a home with young children as she can be grumpy when startled or taken unawares.
If you can offer this sweet little girl a home please contact Julie on 01763 289827
Alternatively please email Philippa at email@example.com who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.