This is Scratch a crossbreed , he is a lovely boy who is great with people and good with most other dogs as long as he is introduced to them in a calm way he could also probably live with another calm older dog , unfortunately he is not good with most cats so will need a home without a cat. He is good at walking on the lead to heel but can be reactive to some other dogs and some further training will be needed with this behaviour . He can be left for a few hours but would be better in a home were somebody is around most of the day. we are told he is housetrained. Because of his lively nature he will need a secure garden in which to play and run around.
If you can offer this lovely boy a forever home please contact Julie on 01763 289827
Alternatively please email Philippa at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.