Hugo is a really special boy , he was born in February 2016 and is a fully grown giant lop rabbit, he came to us as his owner was no longer able to look after him, due to his ears being so long he sometimes scratches them with his hind legs, He has a cataract in one eye, so is a little nervous when you go to feed him or pick him up. he loves strokes and cuddles although he is on the heavy side! At present he is in a six foot hutch that is not large enough for his leaping so would be suited to a shed with a flap to an enclosed run. He needs an experienced rabbit home only due to his size and his cataract.
If you think that you can offer Hugo a home or for more information please contact Hazel on 01234 357788.
Alternatively please email Philippa at email@example.com who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.