They say that every cat has nine lives, and this certainly seems to be the case for our beloved Tommy. When he was just nine months old, his back legs were crushed in a devastating accident. Although there initially seemed no option but to have him put to sleep, this amazing boy truly overcame the odds and today lives a happy life as a double amputee.
Tommy doesn’t seem to realise that he’s different to other cats, and he moves and acts like a normal four legged feline. This cheeky, mischievous little chap is very friendly with other cats and loves cuddles.
Due to his disability, Tommy needs an experienced owner and he must be kept indoors (although he does love sunning himself on the patio on a summer day). He is house trained and has been flown over to the UK from Cyprus to find his furever family. You can see a video of Tommy HERE
Could you give Tommy the special home he deserves? If you would like to find out more about her, please contact Julie on 01763289827
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.