A new arrival, Dennis is currently under assessment with us, however we can already tell you that he’s adorable! He was adopted from Romania as a youngster and lived happily with his previous owner for the vast majority of his life. However through no fault of his own, we are looking for a new forever home for him. He appears nervous to start with, but once he has made friends (treats definitely help with this!), he is wonderfully playful and very forthcoming for fuss and strokes. He loves long walks, so an active owner is a must. At this stage, we believe that he will be able to live with other dogs, but he has shown a little food aggression (not towards humans though). We will post more about Dennis once we have been able to spend more time in his charming company, however we are already confident that he will make a wonderful companion.
If you can offer this lovely boy the home she desperately needs please contact Julie on 01763 289827
Alternatively please email Philippa at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.