Oscar is a beautiful Beagle who will need a lot of help with his severe separation anxiety issues. He has a very sweet, calm nature and he’s great with both adults and children. We would love to rehome him with another dog, as having a companion will help to keep him calm and less anxious when he needs to be left alone for short periods of time. As you can see from the photos, he has a poorly eye (prolapsed tear duct), which will be treated before he leaves our care. Sadly, Oscar has already been rehomed four times, so we are totally committed to making sure that his fifth and final home will be his furever home. With the distinctive traits of his breed in mind, we are only able to consider owners who have extensive Beagle experience.
If you can offer this lovely boy the home he desperately needs please contact Julie on 01763 289827
Alternatively please email Philippa at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.