Rocky was adopted from RATS in March 2017. He is a very loving dog who is well behaved in the house. He loves walking in the countryside, lying in sunny spots or in front of the fire and playing with a ball. He responds well to training and will require ongoing support for sometime. He is very anxious and is reactive with people and dogs he does not know. He will need a home with a private garden big enough for him to run and play ball. He needs to live in a quiet area where he can develop relationships with a few trusted friends. He cannot live in a home with another dog or animals. He has lived in a home with two children but he would benefit from an adult only environment. were someone is around most of the day He is much loved by his current family but finds the local urban environment too stressful. He is not bothered by noise and can be left at home for up to 4 hours Can you offer Rocky the forever loving home he needs?
If you can offer Rocky a home please contact Julie on 01763 289827
Alternatively please email Philippa at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be pleased to forward your enquiry onto the team.
The Adoption Process
We have a number of animals in our care. Most are homeless through no fault
of their own and are looking for new homes and owners who can give them the attention they deserve.
Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with our adoption procedure:
- Step 1: The animal is admitted into our care, and assessed by our team.
- Step 2: The animal is examined by a vet, who treats any ailments or injuries.
- Step 3: The appropriate team leader will liaise with the potential adopter to assist with their choice of animal.
- Step 4: The potential new owners meet the animal, and decide if they want to adopt. New owners may be asked to visit the animal several times before the adoption takes place.
- Step 5: A pre-adoption home visit will then be made to new owners premises to meet the members of the household and to ensure that the environment is right.
Step 6: If the visit goes well you will be asked to collect the animal and for an adoption donation ( amount on request ) and to sign an agreement to care for the pet with a commitment to return it to us if you can't continue to do so.